50 Gorgeous Hairstyles and Haircuts for Women over 50 Source
Choosing a new hairstyle or haircut can be difficult! Looking through thousands of hairstyles is a long task that may amount to nothing. Instead of combing through Instagram pages, this article will give you fifty great examples of hairstyles for women over 50 that you can sort out and bring to your hairstylist. Read on to find your newest hairstyle!
1. The pixie bob is one of the most popular short hairstyles in the age of 50 and older. This bronzey bronde hair color has tons of depth and dimension that add to the movement of the cut.
2. This angled bob shapes the face and flaunts the popular beach wave texture. Lightly bending the hair with a straightening iron adds movement without damaging methods like backcombing.
3. This longer pixie builds volume in thinning hair. Short haircuts consolidate the hair, boosting thickness while also being a low maintenance style.
4. The dark brown to blonde balayage color provides a nice contrast, complementing the asymmetry of the haircut. The longer sweeping, layered hair with bangs offers some variation in texture.
5. A classy hairstyle is essential for ladies around 50 and up. Feathered layers build height, which is best for those with round faces.
6. Blonde balayages are a current staple. Their perfect match is the messy beach wave – a trendy hairstyle for any season.
7. The short pixie cut is made unique by its tapered shape and extra volume. Side swept pixies add height, great for square faces.
8. A brightly colored top layer contrasting with a deep base color gives the illusion of more depth in locks, and hence, more volume.
9. Short wavy hair requires skillful cutting to accentuate texture without creating poofy-ness. A tapered haircut refines the hair and tames the style.
10. Androgynous looks are also in great demand. This gender neutral pixie bob cut incorporates a combover and a clear distinction between the blonde and the base color.